I love my mom for countless reasons, but one thing that sets her apart from the pack is her craftiness. She's pretty gifted, and I'm speaking more from a jealousy standpoint than a biased one. I simply don't have it in me to watch
HGTV and come away with even the slightest clue on how to reconstruct an episode. I'm a read-the-instructions girl. I very rarely deviate off the written path and "teach" myself how to do something. My mom is quite the opposite. She's a let's-wing-it girl. Although I'm insanely jealous of her gift, I'm also extremely thankful for it. Without her talent at turning nothing into something, we wouldn't have an amazing
backsplash, designs on the walls, homemade artwork, shelves, a built-in desk and one of her newest marvels...our tiled fireplace. And the new addition to the fireplace couldn't come at a better time. Since it's been dipping into the 40's at night, we can finally use it. No more neglect and no more looking like every other fireplace around here. The girl has been jazzed up and it's all because my mom is a crafty, no-fear tile layer. Just what she needs, another thing to add to her list of "things I know how to do." So thank you, Mom, for making our home homier and for knowing how to do EVERYTHING.

Good Lord, this wall is screaming "Give me life, give me color!"
No comments:
Post a Comment