Sunday, December 6, 2009

25 Days of Thanks - Day 6

I love the place we call home. This will be our third Christmas in this house. More importantly, this will be Kennedy's first. I love the fact that she's going to grow up here. And if she's anything like me, many years from now she's going to have dreams about the house she grew up in. And if she's really like me, she'll bring her husband on a sneak drive-by to show him where she grew up. Oh, the memories already formed and the ones to come. The foundation of this house will be the warden of those memories. Makes me a little sad knowing that one day we will say goodbye to our warden and in a sense lose some of those memories that old age can't keep up with. If only I could get the walls to talk, I'd take a piece of them with me. So on my sixth day of thanks, I'd like to tip my hat to Mr. Warden. Thank you for sheltering us as we grow and harboring all of the Hokenstad moments.

Warden at night

No comments: