Mark it in your calendar, it happened, finally on December 13, exactly 13 days into her 25 days of giving thanks. About an hour ago Michelle had sat down to begin the blog and I assumed by the time I got back it would be done and I would be reviewing the most recent blog. After getting Kennedy up from her nap, changing her diaper and reading to her for about an hour, I came back down stairs to see Michelle in the same position as when I went upstairs, computer in lap, staring at a blank screen, writer's block had set in. I know, a huge crisis.....mind blank, words lost, an hour gone with nothing to show..... so in an effort to rescue Michelle from this crisis, I decided to provide the 13th day of thanks.
So on this 13th day of thanks I would like to honor "Michelle Darling Hokenstad." Those of you that know her personally understand that she is a very special friend, wife and mother! Those of you that know her only from the blog know that she is considered an MVB or a "Most Valuable Blogger." Those of you that know Michelle and my story know that we didn't waste any time getting serious. After only a month I proposed to her on Thanksgiving and only 4 months after that we were walking down the aisle at Caeser's Palace in Las Vegas. But this blog isn't going to elaborate on those events, even though they were two of the best of my life. What I am going to share today is something I wrote Michelle after only 6 days of knowing her, or 1490 days ago.
To the love of my life: Michelle,
As I sit here on the plane, I think about my past and what my life was like before you. Some good times, some bad times, but nothing I can really look back on and say, those were the best times of my life. My Michelle, I have to say that the best times of my life have been the 6 days that you have been in it. From the minute you walked out of Scott and Jamie's room on Friday night, you changed my life and most definitely my future. Never before have I been able to look down the road thirty years and see my self growing old with that person, until you. Never before have I given my heart to someone so completely, until you. Never before have I thought someone was my soulmate, until you. Never before have I been swept off my feet, until you. The things that make me love you are so many: Your heart, your love, your sensitivity, your passion for life and for me, your touch, your kiss, your eyes, your permanent smile, your body, your love of your family, your love of the midwest, your longing to be in my arms, the way you look forward to talking to me, the things you say to me, your trust in us and our future, your love for your job, your love of your friends, your values, your honesty, your faithfulness, your not being complex, your being down to earth, just the love you show me and your love of the Huskers! Michelle, these are the reasons I LOVE YOU. These are the reasons that you are different than anyone I have ever known. These are the reasons that I know you are my soulmate, that you are my other half, that you complete me and my life. I look forward to the many adventures we are going to share and am so blessed I get to share them with you. I don't know what our future holds, but I do know whatever it is, we will be together, hand in hand, forever. I got your back.
I love you Michelle
Painting Dolly Parton in the Smoky Mountains ❤️
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment