Friday, April 8, 2011

TWO.

Sunday, April 3, 2011.

We came, we played hard, we ate and we officially said good-bye to the ONEder year. 

How she went from being a five pound slice of heaven placed on my chest to rolling over, to jumping in the Jumperoo, to saying sayonara to the bottle, to walking, to eating chicken nuggets, to napping but once a day, to asking to watch Dora, to wearing a 2T and size six shoe and to now being a 25 pound heaping serving of heaven that is the keeper of my heart is a mystery that leaves me wishing Father Time would pull back on the reins a little and make times like second birthdays not be a reminder of how time is fleeting.

It'd also be nice if he made it possible to relive days over again, so I can go back to this party and drink in more of the laughter and eat more cupcakes.






What I thought was going to make an appearance on Cakewrecks ended up being a perfect edible masterpiece that brought many "ooh"s and "aah"s.  No, I didn't make the cupcake cake, but when I was ordering it, the lady wasn't writing anything down and told me she had it all up here, while tapping the side of her noggin, and I left sweating and wishing I was more assertive and not afraid of confrontation or hurting peoples' feelings.

But I guess she really did have it all up there because I was in love with this Tinker-rific number two.




Unlike last year, there wasn't any crying or frantic hands fluttering in an attempt to escape the great cake.



The only fluttering going on was her tongue trying to lasso in all the frosting.


And she giggled throughout, making sure everyone saw each savory bite.



And the happiness of her day warmed me like a cup of hot tea.
 

She's the peanut butter to my jelly.  She's the watermelon to my summer.  She's the smores to my campfire.  She's the X's to my O's.  She's the itsy-bitsy, teenie-weenie to my yellow polka-dot bikini. 

She's the life to my heart.

Happy Birthday my Kennedy Darling.

No comments: